Captain Murph has been sailing boats for over 40 years. He is a US Coast Guard Licensed Captain and has owned and maintained 7 different sailboats over the years, in addition to working on numerous Owners' boats, and currently sails an Irwin/Johnson designed Endeavour 32 .
Captain Murph has sailed boats in many varied venues:
- Cruised 2500nm from Lake Erie, down the St. Lawrence River, through Quebec and the Maritimes, then south through Maine and Massachusetts to Rhode Island. See the Photo Gallery for pictures. For a review of various facts or notes on Kelly IV's 2011 Cruise click here. The Trip Log details the cruise including rough weather, repairs, and great new friends.
- Lake Erie (over 4,000 nautical miles)
- Atlantic Ocean, from Long Island, NY, to Bermuda (700 miles at Sea)
- Australia's Whitsunday Islands
- British Virgin Islands
- Florida Keys including Islamorada, Molasses Reef
- Puget Sound, Washington
- North Channel, Lake Huron
- Georgian Bay, Lake Huron
- Chesapeake Bay
- San Diego Bay
- San Francisco Bay
- Cape Cod (Provincetown, Pleasant Bay, Hyannis)
- Lake Michigan
- numerous inland lakes, including Monroe Lake, Lake Arthur, Glendale Lake, Hoover Reservoir
2011 US Coast Guard Master, 50 Tons, with Auxiliary Sail and Great Lakes Endorsements
2011 Presented Seminar at the Cleveland Mid-America Boat Show: "Lake Erie Destinations"
2010 Certified by the American Red Cross in CPR/AED and Standard First Aid.
2010 Certificates from the Annapolis School of Seamanship
2010 Instructor, Great Lakes Cruising Club School
1999 Safety at Sea Certificate at US Naval Academy
1995 USCG Auxiliary Advanced Coastal Navigation Course
1977-81: Crew & race 470s with Moraine Sailing Club, Lake Arthur, north of Pittsburgh, PA.
1977 Became a boat owner for the first time
1973-76: Crew & race Flying Juniors on Wabash College sailing team, Crawfordsville, IN.
Last Updated ( Sunday, 18 March 2012 21:55 )